Installing Team Time Reporting
Team Time Reporting is a web application that can be installed locally on a Virtual Machine or hosted in the Cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.).
It does not require a plugin or extension, making the application accessible on any device and browser.
How to Configure Projects
When configuring Team Time Reporting, the following hierarchy must be followed:
Each 'Client' can have multiple 'Projects', each with multiple 'Categories'.
- A 'Client' can either represent an entire organization or individual lines of business.
- A 'Project' can either be created (new) in Team Time Reporting or linked to an existing Azure DevOps/TFS project.
- A 'Category' is used to track project hours that are not tracked through work item tasks.
Eligible Azure DevOps/TFS Templates
Team Time Reporting supports Agile, Scrum, and CMMI templates. The following variables are needed to link to an existing Azure DevOps/TFS project:
* The account can either connect using a Password or Personal Access Token.
- Project Name
- Project URL
- Connecting Account*
User Management: User Roles
- Basic Permission: access to the individual’s Weekly Timesheet and a limited set of reports
- Admin Permission: access to Configuration and User Management
- Manager Permission: access to all Timesheets (edit ability) and to all reports
- Supervisor Permission: access to all Timesheets (view ability) and to all reports
An individual’s timesheet will display both Azure DevOps/TFS work items and assigned Categories for every project they are assigned to (Managers control who sees which Categories).
Team Time Reporting is designed to prevent a user from entering time beyond the work item’s "Remaining" Effort amount. Additional hours can be added to the work item’s “Remaining” field for additional time entry.